4160.3: Evaluation - Administrative Staff4160.3: Evaluation - Administrative Staff holly Tue, 07/09/2019 - 11:21
I. All administrators shall be evaluated in accordance with the District’s written procedures as follows:
A. Probationary certificated administrators shall be evaluated at least once each semester.
B. Non-certificated administrators shall be evaluated at least once every school year.
C. Permanent certificated administrators shall be evaluated at least once every school year.
II. The District will obtain approval of its administrator evaluation policies and procedures from the Nebraska Department of Education as a requirement to legally operate as an accredited school district in Nebraska in accordance with Title 92, Nebraska Administrative Code, Chapter 10. In the event the District changes its policies or procedures for administrator evaluation, it shall re-submit the revised policies and procedures to the Nebraska Department of Education for approval. The policies and procedures submitted for the approval of the Nebraska Department of Education shall be in writing, shall be approved by the Millard Board of Education, and shall include the following:
A. A policy containing a statement of the purpose of the administrator evaluation in the District and may:
1. Contain specific criteria upon which administrators are to be evaluated. Evaluation instruments shall be designed to incorporate (1) Mutual Commitments and Key Performance Action Plans and (2) Leadership Dimensions.
2. Describe the process to be used for evaluation, including the duration and frequency of the observations.
3. Provide for documenting the evaluation.
4. Communicate results of the evaluation annually, in writing, to those being evaluated.
5. Provide for written communication (commonly referred to as a growth plan) to the evaluated administrator on all noted deficiencies, specific means for the correction of the noted deficiencies, and an adequate timeline for the implementing the concrete suggestions for improvement.
6. Provide for the administrator to offer a written response to the evaluation.
7. Communicate the evaluation procedure annually, in writing, to those being evaluated.
8. Describe the District’s plan for training evaluators.
III. All evaluators shall possess a valid Nebraska Administrative Certificate and shall be trained to use the evaluation system employed in the District.
Neb. Rev. Stat. §§79-824; Title 92, Nebraska Administrative Code, Chapter 10