The Millard Public School District has utilized strategic planning since the 1989-1990 school year as the mechanism for school improvement. Strategic planning allows our District to refine our systems, evaluate our critical issues, and positively impact achievement and engagement across all 35 schools in Millard.
We invite you to learn more about our strategic planning process and see how our history of strategic planning has redefined our district into a world-class school system.
The mission is the loftiest aspiration of our school district.
The mission of the Millard Public Schools is to guarantee each student demonstrates the character, knowledge, and skills necessary for personal excellence and responsible citizenship through an innovative, world-class educational community that engages and challenges all students.
Objectives are the desired and measurable end results for the District.
- All students will meet or exceed district and state standards; the achievement gap between subgroups will decrease annually; and overall performance on district, state, and national assessments will increase annually.
- Individual student growth on district, state, and national assessments will increase annually and exceed national targets.
- The percentage of students participating in and performing at high levels on measures of national and/or international educational excellence will increase annually.
- All students will demonstrate the character and positive behaviors necessary for personal excellence and responsible citizenship.
Beliefs are the foundation of the Millard Public School District’s Strategic Plan. The belief statements are an expression of the fundamental values, ethical codes, overriding convictions and principles for the District.
- Each individual has worth.
- Individuals are responsible for their actions.
- Our greatest resource is people.
- Diversity enriches life.
- All people can learn.
- High expectations promote higher achievement.
- Achievement builds self-esteem; self-esteem promotes achievement.
- Shaping and developing character is the shared responsibility of the individual, family, school, and community.
- All people are entitled to a safe, caring, and respectful environment.
- Responsible risk-taking is essential for growth.
- Educated and engaged citizens are necessary to sustain our democratic society.
- All schools are accountable to the community.
- Public education benefits the entire community and is the shared responsibility of all.
- Excellence is worth the investment.
Parameters are established guidelines from which the District will operate. These guidelines are self-imposed regulations for our schools: things we will always do; things we will never do.
- We will always operate safe, caring, and supportive environments to ensure student learning.
- We will not tolerate any behavior that diminishes the self-worth of any student, staff member, or community member.
- Nothing will take precedence over the pre-kindergarten through 12th grade education program.
- No new program, course, and/or service will be added unless:
- It meets a clearly demonstrated, mission-related need;
- It survives a cost-benefit analysis;
- Its impact on other programs/courses/services is addressed;
- Adequate staffing, staff development, funding, and facilities are provided;
- It contains an evaluation procedure.
- No existing program, course, and/or service will be maintained unless it:
- Meets a clearly demonstrated, mission-related need;
- Survives a cost-benefit analysis and periodic evaluation.
- District-wide performance on standardized achievement tests will always be above state and national averages.
- We will always communicate effectively, both internally and externally, in order to implement our Strategic Plan, operate our schools, and maintain high levels of student, staff, family and community support.
- We will attract, develop, and retain the highest quality staff dedicated to achieving our mission and objectives.
- We will always expect each student to set and achieve challenging educational and career goals tailored to his/her abilities, interests, and aspirations.