Purpose of MPS Instructional Coaching:
Through a systemic approach to instructional coaching, a teacher will increase instructional capacity thus increasing student achievement.
- Teacher capacities to make instructional decisions vary from teacher to teacher.
- Teachers fall along a continuum of teacher development.
- All teachers have capacity to grow instructionally.
- Instructional coaching will provide a mechanism of moving teachers to be more reflective practitioners.
- Teachers in Millard Public Schools will be reflective practitioners who are able to adjust and refine instruction based on feedback from students, others and self.
- Teachers' instructional decisions will be embedded in best practice pedagogy.
Click here for documents related to each stage of the Instructional Coaching Process.
Click here for more information related to Instructional Coaching.