Millard Public Schools believes all people are entitled to a safe, caring and respectful environment.
Students are expected to follow the district Code of Conduct and the guidelines set out in the student handbook. Millard also believes all people can learn. We also recognize that sometimes students have challenges beyond school that impact a child’s success. The district is continually building our learning supports and our partnerships within the community to help students keep their focus where it needs to be - in the classroom.
The purpose of the counseling program is to promote and enhance the learning process. The goal is to enable all students to achieve success in school and to develop into contributing members of our society. School counselors help students with academics, career exploration, and social and emotional development by deploying a variety of approaches some of which are outlined below.
Millard Public School Social Workers work with families, schools, and community agencies to address circumstances that can affect a child’s success in school. These circumstances could include: financial, social, legal, medical, mental health, behavioral, temporary crisis and school attendance concerns.
The School Social Workers provide:
- Information and referral to new and existing services in the community.
- Liaison with juvenile justice and other health and human service agencies.
- Consultation with parents, legal guardians and school personnel.
- Liaison and building partnerships between home and school.
School Social Work Services are provided to any family who has a child enrolled in the Millard Public Schools. These services can be requested by parents, legal guardians of students, administrators, teachers, counselors, student assistance teams, or by outside agencies with whom the family is working.
School Social Workers may be contacted in confidence with any questions about the services they provide. If they can be of help to you, please call your school and ask to speak to the social worker.
For more information on resources, please visit the MPS School Social Work webpage.
To review a copy of your school's student handbook, select from the list below:
- Millard Public Schools-All Schools Student Handbook 22/23
- HHS Student Handbook
- MNHS Student Handbook
- MSHS Student Handbook
- MWHS Student Handbook
- Young Adult Program Handbook
- Andersen Middle School Student Handbook
- Beadle Middle School Student Handbook
- Central Middle School Student Handbook
- Kiewit Middle School Student Handbook
- Millard North Middle School Student Handbook
- Russell Middle School Student Handbook