Millard is proud to be the only district in Nebraska offering a kindergarten through 12th grade International Baccalaureate experience. The International Baccalaureate Organization is an international educational foundation founded in 1968 in Geneva, Switzerland. It was originally established to provide a common curricular framework for students of diplomats and military personnel. The program is designed to challenge students and to encourage growth in both personal and academic achievement. Students will:
- Be encouraged to think independently and drive their own learning.
- Take part in programs of education that can lead them to some of the highest ranking universities around the world.
- Become more culturally aware through the development of a second language.
- Be able to engage with people in an increasingly globalized, rapidly changing world.
The International Baccalaureate® Mission
- International Baccalaureate, or IB as it is commonly called, aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect.
- To this end, the organization works with schools, governments, and international organizations to develop challenging programs of international education and rigorous assessment.
- These programs encourage students across the world to become active, compassionate, lifelong learners who understand that other people, with their differences, can also be right.
Millard Public Schools offers the Primary Years Programme (PYP), Middle Years Programme (MYP), and the Diploma Programme. For more information, click on the bars below. Questions? Please contact Coordinator of Special Programs, Dr. Kara Hutton, at 402.715.8708 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Millard offers the IB Primary Years Programme in two elementary schools. Please contact the school for more information.
Heidi Penke, Ed.D., Principal
506 N. 162nd Avenue
Omaha, NE 68118
Phone: (402) 715-2020
IB at Aldrich
Ryan Saunders, Principal
6708 S. 161st Avenue
Omaha, NE 68135
Phone: (402) 715-6200
Millard offers the IB Middle Years Program at Millard North Middle and Millard North High School. For more information, contact the schools.
Scott Ingwerson, Ed.D., Principal
2828 South 139th Plaza
Omaha, NE 68144
Phone: (402) 715-1280
The Middle Years Programme at Millard North Middle
Brian Begley, Principal
1010 South 144th Street
Omaha, NE 68154
Phone: (402) 715-1365
The Middle Years Programme at Millard North High School