When the weather turns bad, please check your emails, texts and calls for a message from the district. If the school day needs to change because of the weather, we will let you know as soon as the decision is made. We try to make the call the day before. If the forecast is uncertain and it is an early morning decision, the email will be sent immediately. The text and call will be held until 6 a.m. Information will also be posted on the district website and on the district social media.
Three options are available for inclement weather. The district may call one of the following:
- A Remote Learning Day
- There are no set zoom times on remote learning days! You may do the work on your own time at your own pace.
- Teachers have directed students where to find their remote assignments.
- Teachers will be available by email for questions and help throughout the day.
- For every snow day, an extra day will be given for the work to be completed. We understand students’ situations vary on snow days. They will have time beyond the snow day to complete their work.
- Teachers are asked to consider the time commitment of students with a full course load and keep the entire amount of time to complete all of the coursework for a full course load to 4 hours or less for high school students, 3 hours or less for middle school students and 2 hours or less for elementary students. The 4 hours at the high school level would equate to 30 minutes per class on a traditional schedule and 60 minutes per class on a block schedule.
- A Two Hour Late Start
Two hours late starts can be very beneficial to let the sun come up, the roads warm up and to avoid rush hour traffic. Buses will run two hours late. Millard Academy students should not report to their academy, but instead go to their home school. All start times are the same each day, Monday through Friday. Start times are as follows:
- Elementary - 10:30 a.m. *Abbott Elementary - 10:20 a.m.
- Middle School - 9:45 a.m.
- High School - 10:00 a.m.
- A Canceled Day
- On a day when school is canceled, schools are closed and no work is assigned.