The Board of Education will employ a Superintendent of Schools to administer the educational program of the District in accordance with the policies and directives of the Board of Education.
The following procedure will be used for the selection and employment of the Superintendent:
1. Board acceptance of a resignation or a receipt of a retirement letter from the Superintendent, death of the Superintendent, or cancellation of the Superintendent’s contract pursuant to State law shall cause the process for the employment of a Superintendent to begin.
2. A time line and allocation of funds to conduct the search will be developed and approved by the Board.
3. The Board will develop and approve criteria and procedures for selecting a Superintendent and in the development of such criteria and procedures may request and receive input from staff members, business and community leaders and parents.
4. The Board will determine salary range, fringe benefits, term of office, and terms and conditions relating to contract termination to be included in the contract. The Board will also prescribe the job description and time lines for evaluations.
5. The candidate selected will be contacted by the President and Secretary to confirm the candidate’s acceptance of the position and the contract terms and conditions prior to the presentation of the contract to the Board for approval.
6. The Board of Education will elect the Superintendent at a regular Board meeting by a majority vote of all members of the Board. The Superintendent elect shall be notified as to the date of the Board meeting in order that any public announcement will be coordinated with the Superintendent elect.
7. The Board President will notify all unsuccessful applicants of the election of the Superintendent.
8. All candidate application materials shall be retained and shall be disposed of four years after the date of the applications. All application materials submitted by the applicants, other than finalists, will be withheld and not produced in response to a public records request in accordance with Neb. Rev. Stat. § 84-712.05(15).
Neb. Rev. Stat. §§ 79-501; 79-827; 84-712.05 Schedule 24, Nebraska Records Management Division, 024-004