Reimbursements and remuneration to board members shall be made through the board treasurer in accordance with the following guidelines:
1. Each board member may attend one major convention per fiscal year; provided, however, that the board member has notified the board in a regular or special meeting of the intention to attend the meeting and the identification thereof. Attendance at any additional meetings or events for which the board member wishes to be reimbursed for expenses shall be approved by the board before the expenses are incurred.
2. Car rental expenses related to the board member’s attendance at meetings will be reimbursed.
3. Board members will pay expenses for spouses or family members who might accompany him or her on a trip, if that expense would not have been otherwise incurred by the board member.
4. Lodging, registration, and reservations may be made through the Superintendent’s secretary.
5. Board members will be reimbursed for reasonable and necessary expenses incurred when traveling. Board members will be reimbursed at the current rate established by the Nebraska Department of Administrative Services for use of his or her automobile while on board business and in accordance with rules and opinions of the Nebraska Accountability and Disclosure Commission. A mileage report will be submitted to the District for reimbursement.
6. Board members will be reimbursed for materials purchased, which are deemed necessary by the board for Board purposes, such as books and other publications. Those materials will become property of the District and will become part of the board library.
7. Office supplies will be obtained from the central office. A board member will not be reimbursed for the purchase of any supplies by that board member without prior approval of the board.
8. Actual and necessary expenses for long distance telephone calls and broadband internet access will be reimbursed when approved by the board. Installation and monthly charges for a broadband internet connection that is to be used exclusively for communication with constituents, internet access, and other board business will be reimbursable. Bills are to be submitted to the District.
9. A computer meeting the "district standard" shall be loaned to each requesting board member during his or her term of office to assist in fulfilling their responsibilities as a board member. Upon retiring from the Board of Education, the board member will be offered the opportunity to purchase the loaned computer based on fair market value. Board members will also be offered the opportunity to purchase the computer based on fair market value should the computer be replaced during their term of office. Such sales must be approved by a two-thirds vote of the entire board.
Neb. Rev. Stat. § 13-2201 through 13-2204; 79-546; 81-1174 through 81-1177; and 79-10,114