1430: Cooperation with Commercial Agencies

Approved commercial agencies may conduct profit-making activities in individual schools, provided that the educational program is not impaired, the activity provides a financial benefit to the school, and is consistent with the standards, criteria, and limitations of district rules 1115.1(I), 1340.1(II), 3150.1, 3921.1(I-IV), 6700.1(II)(A)(5)(a)-(i), and 7305.1(III-IV), which are incorporated herein. Permission to conduct such an activity must be obtained from the school principal, except for any activity that is associated with, connected to, or requires a “special project” as that term is defined in District Rule 3614.1 must be pre-approved by the Superintendent or designee.  

Any agent or representative of a commercial enterprise, theatrical production or play is strictly prohibited from calling upon, securing contracts or soliciting orders or business from classroom teachers between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. on all days in which school is in session.

The District does not by this policy create or establish an open or public forum and reserves the sole and absolute right to determine the acceptable profit-making activities conducted within the District.

Date of Adoption
February 17, 1975
Date of Revision
May 6, 2002
July 9, 2007
November 2, 2015